Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feels Like Home

I think it would be amazing to be able to travel around the world. I can think of several handfuls of places I would like to go. Often I will see a picture of or hear someone describe a place and find myself wanting to go. Maybe even with just a small bag and a camera to capture incredible moments. I am about to go on a trip to see my sister in North Carolina and one of the things I am looking forward to (other than actually getting to see my sister) is the drive through the mountains. I am praying the leaves have already started to change into brilliant shades of reds, yellows and oranges. I'm not much of a photographer, and I'm hoping to change that soon, but I plan on having a camera ready in case I do get to catch some of those beautiful colors.

But as I am going through my head all the things I need to remember: tickets to a speaker we are going to see, what clothes I need to pack and some things I need to take to my sister so she will have warmer clothes for the coming months, I can't help but feel a little sad. This has been a busy week and I have not gotten to spend that much time with my husband. And now I am leaving for 3 days. I can't help but get that feeling that creeps up after I have been gone for just a little too long: longing for home.

Because while there is a huge world at my fingertips, I know there is a beauty in being home. Especially when most everyone you know and love is there. And while there is a huge part of me that wants to embark on adventures, I believe there is just as big a part that enjoys finding the beauty that is all around me. The things we see everyday and sometimes miss. And finding those things over and over again, for what feels like the first time can feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails