Tuesday, March 16, 2010

confessions

I have recently discovered a couple blogs that I love and the authors happen to be sisters: jasmine star and bianca juarez. They recently posted some confessions and I thought maybe I might throw out a few:
  • while at a youth camp for my church, i slapped my brother in the face so hard he had to tuck his head between his legs so he wouldn't cry. i cannot even begin to put into words how bad that still makes me feel.
  • i spent my 21st birthday laying in bed in my dorm room while at the university of memphis. i hated being there and all my friends were at home. those were the hardest two years of my entire life.
  • i skipped a lot of class my senior year of high school. although they weren't really the important classes. so hopefully that makes it better.
  • i feel i did not live up to my potential in school at all. high school or college. and i wish i knew then what i know about myself now. it would completely change what i studied in college.
  • sometimes i feel like my job makes me numb to emotions i should be feeling. there's a song that says, "i'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all." and i think i understand that.
  • you could argue i buy too many clothes. and i might agree with you on some days. but i know it is a fact i buy too many books. if you compare the amount of money i have spent on clothes with the amount i have spent on books, there is no contest. books will win.
  • i need God in a way i have never needed him before. the past two years of my life have really had some backlash i didn't even realize until i actually had time to slow down and look at my life.
hope you enjoyed these and maybe you learned something new about me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I think one day soon I will follow your lead and do something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails