Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stepping Out

Sometimes I sit here in my desk at work and have an overwhelming urge to just leave. To just step out into this BIG world God made and not ever come back.

I just want to do MORE. And right now, I don't know what the more is. But I know myself. And I know that I am capable of more. I know that I am capable of doing things that I see others doing.

I find it curious the little things I remember my parents telling me as I was growing up. I probably shouldn't find them curious so much as realize that God wanted me to know and remember those things. I remember once my dad telling me that when I wanted something bad enough I could find a way to make it happen. And I know this sounds like a pretty general piece of advice. But I'm pretty confident he wasn't giving me another piece of advice. I'm pretty sure he was talking about ME. I'm pretty sure he was telling me that when I know there is something that I want, I am capable of figuring out and bring to fruition whatever it is I want. ...I know I put a lot of "I's" in there but I want to emphasize the point that it was personal.

So for right now I am waiting. And praying. I cannot tell you how many times I forget that all we need to do is ask and God will hear us. So instead of just sitting around and wondering what MORE is out there, I am just going to ask God what MORE is out there and trust that he is going to show me.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails