Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20/20

So I spent an hour at the eye doctor yesterday. I don't think I have ever looked forward to a doctor's appointment so much. I had been wearing my glasses for almost two weeks and I was really struggling. I can see fine with my glasses - but I hate wearing them. Unfortunately I am pretty near sighted. My doctor did some little math formula yesterday and I learned that without any type of corrective lenses, I can see a whole 22 cm into the distance before things start to go fuzzy. And let me tell you, when that is the case and you are wearing glasses, forget about glancing down or out of the corner of your eyes. Because you can't. You just see blur. And taking a shower... that is fun. I can't wear my glasses in the shower because the fog up (yes, I've tried) so that just means I'm stuck just seeing blur. It is not fun attempting to shave your legs this way. Glasses also tend to minimize things. So, even when I wear those, I am seeing things slightly smaller than they actually are. Which you might not notice so much, except when you do things like read or look at the computer. I get less of a headache holding a book right up to my face than I do when I read wearing my glasses. Overall, I find it much, much, much more enjoyable to wear contacts.

But even contacts, when worn correctly can be a pain. You are supposed to take them out every night or every other night or something like that. I don't do that. I enjoy living in my false sense of reality that I have 20/20 vision. At least until I get something in my eye or some small little tiny piece of dust on my contact that hurts like you would not believe. Most of the time I just make myself suffer through it. Again, I find this easier than giving up the ability to see.

In hopes of making my life a little better, I am considering having LASIK done. I don't mean in the next month or anything. But maybe in the next year or so. I actually talked to my eye doctor about it for a while yesterday and the more I think about it, the more I want to do it. So, maybe, hopefully in the next year or so I can be glasses/contacts free!

1 comment:

  1. Daniel had lasik for the second time over the holidays. He loves it once it has healed. He has terrible eyes, that was the need for it to be done twice. He is seeing 20/20!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails