Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Summer

It has been TWO long years since I have been able to enjoy summer. It has been two years since I got to play during summer. This year I am free and praying for a sweet summer.

It makes me so happy (literally smiling to myself) to think that I do not have to spend two nights of every single week in school. I do not have to to spend the rest of the week nights reading and/or studying. I get to be free. I do not have to worry about mid-terms and feel sad that the only good night of Riverbend (yes, I do still go to Riverbend) happens to be on the same night as one of those mid-terms. I do not have to plan going out and having fun around school nights. I get to be free.

When I started working full time I was a little bummed that no matter what I did or how late I stayed out at night, I had to get up and go to work the next morning. But at least you still get those summer nights... Having devoted two years of my life to school took those nights away from me. And now I get them back. I don't have to plan my vacations around school nights or worry about missing a class. I just get to go have fun. And I do not think I can put into words how happy this makes me.

So, here's wishing to a sweet summer full of fun and friends and NO SCHOOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails