Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Starting all over

So it is the start of a brand new year... at least it was 12 days ago. I wouldn't say that I made any 'resolutions' but there are some things I want to work at - spending money would be on the top of the list. Unfortunately I don't mean spending more of it. I need to stop shopping online for clothes and I need to stop buying 1 or 2 new books every time I go to Target or Books A Million. Well, maybe just Target because I'm pretty sure the point of Books A Million is to buy books. I also need to work on my organizational skills. When you live in a small house built in the 1930's you are not afforded a lot of storage space. Therefore I need to be more organized. I love the location of our house. And if I could afford a $300k house, I would have no trouble finding a larger house with lots of space in the same area. Unfortunately, that is not the case. And we are not really looking to move in the near future. So I am stuck with the task of becoming more organized in a small house.

After 2 looonnng years of Law School I am not going back. And this makes me so happy! I do not regret making the decision to go. I thought it was what I wanted to do and I tried it. And I hated it. So now I know and I don't have to wonder for the rest of my life if I should have done it. This leaves me with more time at home, more sleep and a much better outlook on my Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays will now consist of Biggest Loser, NCIS and Criminal Minds.

I was supposed to start a photography class last Thursday, but due to all the inclement weather, it was moved back a week. So this Thursday I will start to learn a little about the art of digital photography. I think for now it will be a little hobby. But if I am able to actually pick this up and become good at it... well, I'll just see where it takes me for now.

Now that I have time to read for fun (which, in protest for hating the last half of school last year, I did anyway) I want to read a lot more than I do now. I was poking around on a website one day and saw where someone had set a goal of reading 100 books in a year. And I thought to myself, that is something I can do. So I am going to attempt this. The key word is attempt because I have come to realize that to accomplish this I have to read 2 books a week. I think its possible. I read fast. But if I make it to the end of the year and haven't done this, well, hopefully I will have put a dent in it. We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. I just made a post about griping about storage space! 2 closets are NOT cutting it for me...and under the bed already has storage bins too. Let's help each other if we come up with organizing tips! I will say I am looking forward to not seeing you be so sleepy during the week and not carrying a backpack that seems as though it could snap your back at any given time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails